True Cellular Formulas Team - May 17, 2023
Toxic Makeup Recipes for Kids
Unveiling Homemade Toxic Makeup Recipes for Kids
Recipe for Cranberry Lip Gloss and Cheek Stain
- 2 tablespoons of organic, fair trade, unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of organic cranberry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of organic beetroot powder
- 1-2 teaspoons of organic refined shea butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of beeswax pastilles (optional)
- In a small saucepan, heat 2 inches of water on low.
- In a small, heat-safe glass bowl, add coconut oil and place it on top of the saucepan.
- Once the coconut oil has melted, add cranberry and beetroot powders to the bowl. Let the mixture stand for an hour to infuse the oil, checking the saucepan occasionally and adding more water if needed.
- Remove the bowl from heat and let the mixture cool slowly.
- Strain the warm oil through cheesecloth into a small bowl. Gently press on the solids to extract as much oil as possible.
- Stir in the shea butter. If the oil has cooled, warm it up slowly before adding the shea butter. The shea butter should melt easily.
- Let the mixture cool while stirring it to keep the color particles suspended.
- Once the mixture has solidified, beat it gently with a spoon until it becomes light and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to a small jar with a tight-fitting lid and use as needed.
- It's best not to keep this gloss in your pocket, as it melts easily. If you live in a warm climate, you can add the beeswax to firm up your gloss and give it a more balm-like consistency. To do this, gently melt 1/2 teaspoon of beeswax pastilles into the coconut oil after straining but before adding the shea butter.
Recipe for All-Natural Customizable Beet Root Blush/ Face Paint
- 1 tablespoon of organic arrowroot powder
- 1-2 tablespoons of organic beetroot powder
- 1-2 tablespoons of organic turmeric powder
- 1-2 tablespoons of organic raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of spirulina powder
- In a bowl, add the arrowroot powder.
- Begin with 1 tablespoon of beetroot powder, then gradually add more until you achieve the desired color. A 1:1 ratio of beetroot to arrowroot will result in a lighter blush, while a 2:1 ratio of beetroot to arrowroot will create a darker, more vibrant pink shade. You can also experiment with mixing equal parts of turmeric, beetroot, and arrowroot to create a peach-toned blush, or add cacao powder to darken the hue.
- Use a spoon to mix the powders and break up any clumps, then transfer the mixture to a lidded jar and store it in a dry place.
Recipe for Safe & Natural Face Paint
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon of water (to make a paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of mineral sunscreen or natural diaper rash cream (for staying power)
To add color to the face paint, use the following ingredients:
- Colorful foods (pureed in a blender) to make desired shades
- Natural, organic pigments or food coloring (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch, water, and sunscreen or diaper rash cream to make a thick white paste.
- Take a small amount of the base mixture and mix it with different pureed foods or pigments to create your desired colors. For example, blackberries can create a pretty rose color, avocado with a squirt of lemon juice can create green, and hummus can create an orangey-brown shade. You can also use coffee/tea (browns, black), corn (yellowish color), and cherries (red).
- As different foods have different water content, you may need to add more cornstarch to the mixture if the paint becomes too runny once you add the colorful foods.
- Mix well until you achieve the desired consistency and color.
- Use a clean brush to apply the face paint.
- Store any unused paint in an airtight container in the refrigerator and discard after a week.